Monday, October 22, 2007

Q and A

I recently got a good question from an attendee from Manga NEXT. With his permission, I thought it would be a good idea to share his question and my response.

Hello Mr.Okabayashi,
My question is how would one go about drawing blurred images in manga? I
apologize for taking up your time with this since I know you
must be busy, but I'd be grateful if you can give me a reply.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to hear from
you soon.

-Carlos

P.S. I read your current entry on your blog and Death Note is a great manga work. Just as you keep progressing in the story be sure to know when to draw the line between supporting cleverness and true justice o_o

Hi Carlos,

Great meeting you at the convention.

To answer your question, I would say do the coolest thing and use the Gaussian blur tool or motion blur tool in photoshop. Just keep the setting fairly low.

Kensuke

No comments: